- 1. The Mommy Makeover – Returning The Look Of Youth Using Plastic Surgery in Boise By: Boise Plastic Surgery and Boise Rhinoplasty Clinic
- 2. The Mommy Makeover by Boise Plastic Surgery Clinic is one of the fastest growing services at our Boise Plastic Surgery Clinic and Meridian Plastic Surgery Clinic. For women who cannot seem to get their shape back after childbirth, the Mommy Makeover may seem like a good option. Many of these women want to feel young and stay young after having their children. The plastic surgery procedures performed as part of a Mommy Makeover help them retain this appearance of youth. If a woman is not finished having children, it is best to wait before undergoing these procedures, but if her child-bearing years are past, then this may be the best way to regain the body of her youth There are several procedures which can be part of a Mommy Makeover. These include a breast lift, augmentation or reduction, a tummy tuck or abdominoplasty, liposuction, and a butt lift. One procedure becoming more popular is a modification of the labia majora or the labia minora.
- 3. Women getting plastic surgery from Boise Plastic Surgery Clinic following childbirth really is not something new. In the 70s and 80s, women were getting breast augmentation to help correct changes which occurred during or following childbirth. It was considered a health procedure and insurance would even pay for it. Some plastic surgeons offer the Boise Mommy Makeover as a package deal and may even throw in touch-up procedures later on. These are lucrative procedures, with more than 325k women getting a makeover annually. The entire Mommy Makeover runs an average of $12,000 to $15,000 and depending upon the procedures selected, can be even more expensive. Salt Lake City Plastic Surgery
- 4. Pregnancy Changes When a woman gets pregnant, they usually gain between 25 and 30 pounds. Much of this pregnancy weight is stored as fat tissue in the tummy, breasts, hips, and thighs. The breasts enlarge as they prepare for breastfeeding and the abdomen grows with the baby. The extension of the abdominal walls may cause breakage and tearing and can stretch the skin. This may also result in stretch marks, those purple streaks that occur when the collagen in the skin breaks down. Once the baby is born, many new mothers lose their pregnancy weight but is can be very difficult to regain their slim pre-pregnancy form. Weakened stomach muscles may not want to cooperate and they may retain fatty tissue in certain areas. Breastfeeding can have a major impact on the firmness and the size of the breasts. Some women may find their breasts begin to sag and become loose. They also find their breasts are smaller than before their pregnancy.
- 5. It is recommended that women wait at least six months after their child is born to have any of the Mommy Makeover procedures. Before opting for any of these body contouring plastic surgeries, a woman should consider a few things: – Are they finished having children? If not, they should probably wait for the makeover. Otherwise, they may find themselves needing one again later on. – Has their weight stabilized following the birth of their child? – Are they finished breastfeeding? If they are not, their breasts may continue to change and getting one of the breast procedures which are part of the makeover may be a waste of money. Women who are in good health and can answer yes to the questions above may be good candidates for the Mommy Makeover procedures. They should research plastic surgeons who specialize in these procedures and set up a consultation appointment. During the appointment, the plastic surgeon will discuss the patient’s goals for the Mommy Makeover and evaluate their general overall health. This is when the woman should tell the plastic surgeons all of her concerns and how she wants to look following surgery.
- 6. The Procedures A Cosmetic Surgery Mommy Makeover may be done all at once, with several procedures performed by the Boise Plastic Surgeon during one operation or it may be broken up into more than one procedure. Breaking the makeover up into more than one operation may be more expensive, but there will most likely be less recovery time. During the makeover, the plastic surgeon will lift or augment the breasts with implants. If the breasts are large and creating discomfort, the plastic surgeon can reduce their size. The abdominal muscles are tightened to help reduce the midsection and narrow the waist. The Boise Plastic Surgeon may also remove excess skin to help tighten the abdomen. If the patient opts for liposuction, the Boise Plastic Surgeon will perform this procedure on the hips and thighs, sucking out excess fat and fluids. The liposuctioned areas are then tightly wrapped and the wrapping is left in place for several weeks. Any woman considering a Mommy Makeover should do her research and find a plastic surgeon who specializes in these procedures and who has extensive experience with successful makeovers. Check the plastic surgeon’s website to look at before and after pictures. The Plastic Surgery Mommy Makeover can help a woman regain their figure and feel younger and more energetic. If this is the woman’s goal, the Mommy Makeover is the right choice for her. Always check out the Mommy Makerovers Before and Afters
- 7. Boise Plastic Surgery and Boise Rhinoplasty
- 8. http://boiserhinoplasty.com