Healing After Boise Plastic Surgery:
7 Tips To Help The Process Along
The results of Boise Plastic Surgery will do a lot to improve your appearance and self-confidence; however, healing can be a long and arduous process if you’re not careful. Here are seven important tips to follow as you recover after you have come to Boise Plastic Surgery and Boise Rhinoplasty Clinic:
- Use ice after any Boise Plastic Surgery procedure. One of the best and fastest ways to aid in healing following a face lift, nose surgery, chin lift or other operation on your face is to apply ice. Your surgeon will advise you on how often to use the ice and how long to keep it on. The cooling ice will reduce inflammation and help the area to feel better as well. Especialy with a Rhinoplasty Procedure this is important for your breathing.
- Take it easy if you can. While you may lead a full and busy life, try to put it on hold after you’ve had plastic surgery. Recovery will be easier on you and quicker on your body if you can get plenty of rest. Use vacation time to stay home if you’ve got it, ask for help around your home and definitely take advantage of any offers to watch your children if you have young ones at home. No going for 9 holes of golf or out shopping for 5 hours.
- Replenish lost fluids. Boise Plastic Surgery can take a lot out of your body, thus, it’s important to hydrate. Especially with skin, which needs water to heal and replenish, you’re going to recover sooner if you keep your daily intake up high.
- Elevate when possible. Elevation will help reduce the inflammation associated with surgery, so if you’ve had work done around your neck or chin, hold your head high – literally! This will aid in circulation and faster healing.
- Stay out of the sun completely. You don’t want to have to apply lots of over the counter lotions to skin after surgery, but of course you can’t go out in the direct sunlight without adequate protection, so it’s best to avoid those harmful rays completely until you’re fully healed. Wear a large brimmed hat if you do have to go out during the day immediately following Plastic Surgery.
- Keep your post-op instructions handy. Your surgeon will provide you with paperwork listing the specific guidelines you should follow. Keep them on your fridge or some other convenient place, to serve as a constant reminder of what you need to do. Don’t deviate from the list at all and be sure to contact the surgeon’s office if you’re not sure about doing something in particular.
- Relax more and more intensely. Total relaxation is great for your mind and body anyway, but even more beneficial when you need healing. Enjoy quiet music or partake of a few (preapproved by your doctor) yoga poses as you recover. Focus your mind on healing and it will happen sooner.
Take no chances as you heal from your procedure, because you wouldn’t want to do anything to jeopardize the results. While it may seem slow and dull as you wait for those amazing results to emerge, it will be well worth the effort once you see them.
Boise primary Rhinoplasty Surgeon
Boise Plastic Surgery
Boise Ethnic Plastic Surgery