Plastic has become much more popular and commonly done in recent years. Some of the procedures can be not only appearance altering, but life altering, as well. Why the upsurge in cosmetic operations? Well, here are some of the best reasons for people opting to go under the knife:
– Aging population: The bulk of the population has entered middle age and with this time period in their lives, comes sagging jaw lines, midriff bulge and wrinkles. Diet and exercise can only do so much and after that, a nip and tuck from an expert can bring back a more youthful appearance.
– Better outcomes and expertise in the medical field: The knowledge and techniques in plastic surgery have grown immensely over the years. Some of the procedures are fairly new and the quality of results of older procedures have improved substantially. Some years back, women were attaching chicken breasts into their bras in order to have a fuller bustline. Girdles and corsets were used to cinch waistlines. Now there is breast augmentation with a variety of implants for a natural enlargement, abdominoplasty to tighten up the belly and waist regions.
– Socially accepted: In the past, having a cosmetic surgical procedure performed may have been something that one would hide. Only movie stars did such things back in the day, or someone very vain. Nowadays, even your local school teacher or postal delivery man may have had some work done in order to amp up their looks.
– Self esteem: People now realize that one’s self image isn’t just a frivolous thing. The mind-body connection is quite strong and interactive. If a person feels good about their appearance, this will spill over into their attitude and success in life. Increased confidence has led more than one person to promotions at work, return to school, or having a successful relationship.
– Business achievement: If a person is grossly overweight or haggard looking, the unfortunate truth is that they may not be taken quite as seriously. The terms “washed up” and “has been” are mean spirited, but they certainly exist. A fresh and invigorated appearance will enable middle agers to being taken seriously in the world of careers.
– Higher expectations: Let’s face it; most people know what is possible in terms of their physical appearance and they’re not going to settle for saggy and droopy. We all want to be Snow White or Prince Charming, not one of the 7 dwarfs.
Plastic surgery can change one’s life. There are lots of good reasons to take the plunge.